Quotes

If you want to sing out, sing out, and if you want to be free, be free, cause there's a million ways to be, you know that there are.
--Cat Stevens

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WIP Wednesday's: candy stripe blankie, hat, booties and embellishments








I still haven't decided what to do about my cabled afghan, and my knitting has fallen by the wayside again. I am trying very hard not to get sick, since I have been feeling the warning signs for my annual bout of bronchitis. This means that I have spent more time resting and less time crocheting.

I know that little hat looks done, but I have been working on some flowers to add. I need to get some pink thread and decide on a button and I will be able to finish this one.



I have made 1 little boot to match the hat. It needs a mate, and I think I will attempt to add scallops around the cuff. I have tried to add some scallops already but I want the cuff to turn down and I am having trouble figuring out how to do that.


Last but not least I was playing with some scrap yarn and came up with a delightful color combination.




Do you remember Fruitstripe gum with its 2 mins of flavor? That's what this reminds me of. I love it!!!!!!! I think I will try to make a 36 x 36 square and add a zebra motif or maybe a red teddy bear. Don't you think that would be a fun baby blanket.

If you want to check out more Work-In-Progress posts, please check out Tami’s Ami’s Blog, who’s been organizing a great WIP Wednesday blog theme!

2 comments:

  1. That hat is cute. Your afghan reminds me of that fruitstripe gum too.

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat is adorable. Love the flowers. What a cute idea for a baby blanket. That gum was my favorite as a child.

    ReplyDelete